Background: Pastor Rafael and his wife Lady both completed the LoveServes training. LoveServes helps churches become equipped to “do the work of ministry (aka loving their neighbors in practical ways), so that the body of Christ may be built up.” (Eph. 4:12) The Church stops focusing on “attracting” people into the four walls of their building and gets out into its community and meets its greatest needs. This is exactly what has happened here!
Pastor Rafael's church, Roca de Salvación Misionera, is located in a neighborhood called Los Tamarindos. Their church members are working in several ministries such as feeding poor people five days a week, couples ministry, counseling ministry and a small day care that predominantly serves kids of single mothers. Members of the church collaborate in this ministry during each day of the week.
The Vision: Pastor Rafael has a vision to help those women who don’t have any other means to care for their children while they work to provide for their family. Some of these women are young widows but most have been abandoned by the father of their children. The biggest need is a space to properly care for the children.
The Need: The Daycare is currently operating in the newly furnished space, using the church as needed for overflow; there is need for additional classrooms/expansion to the 2nd floor. The budget includes a ceramic floor, completed bathrooms, electricity, doors and windows. We will also do smaller projects like street clean up and/or painting.
Where YOU come in: LoveServes is partnering with this church to finish the second floor. This flourishing church has many ministries that you will have a part in: Children’s outreach, Women’s ministry crafts; Home visitation and others. Don’t worry if construction is not your forte!
FAMILY FRIENDLY: Our trips are family friendly, with plenty of things kids can be a part of. Parents and their kids are encouraged to work, serve, play and pray together on this extraordinary family trip!
The following process is required in order to participate:
- Register online
- Make a 250.00 non-refundable deposit by March 15 to confirm your spot.
- Trip cost: $910.00 per person (plus airfare and project costs*)
- Talk with your team leader David LaCamera regarding the suggested flight
- Submit a copy of your passport during the registration process. Passports must be valid 6 months after the trip return date.
- Provide documentation requirements
- Participate in 4 required team pre-trip team meetings.
- The pre-trip training meetings are designed to walk the team through the Team Member Handbook, so that all members are culturally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for the trip.
- Read and be familiar with the participant guide.
- All team members are required to have the trip paid in full two months (60 days) before the trip departure.
- Remain with the team the entire trip.
- Participate in team post-trip meeting ( team reunion)
*Please note: The construction/ministry project costs are a separate expense that the team will raise together. Due 45 days before leaving.
This is a great opportunity for churches, friends and families to join in the cause. LoveServes wants serving trips to be as accessible financially as possible. Project costs range from 13,500. -$15,000.