Pastor Luis was one of the first pastors to go through LoveServes coaching process about 14 years ago. At that time, he was struggling to run church services with just 12 people. LoveServes began coaching Pastor Luis in a new Vision. He began to equip the members of his church to use the gifts and skills they have to love the least of these in their community. His life, his family and church made a complete 180-degree turn. His church is the KEY agent of change that God is using to reach the lost in that region.
Pastor Luis’s vision is to transform their community by the power of Jesus´s love. One of the greatest needs are reaching the children and teens. Pastor Luis decided to make a difference using baseball as a ministry to reach the community. That ministry grew to reach 260 children in afterschool programs like drama, crafts, Biblical teaching and counseling as well as feeding them. God has blessed the ministry greatly to the point it has outgrown the tiny space in the church.
To build a second level on the church that would double the space. This project is greatly needed to meet the many ministry needs to the children and teens of Las Guaranas.
Where YOU come in:
LoveServes is partnering with this church to help build the second level. Please consider contributing to purchase the concrete, blocks and other materials. This flourishing church has many ministries that you will have a part in: Children and teen outreach, Women’s ministry crafts; Home visitation and others. Don’t worry if construction is not your forte!
The following process is required in order to participate:
- Register online
- Trip cost: $885.00 per person (plus airfare and project costs*) Full Balance due August 1st
- Submit a copy of your passport during the registration process. Passports must be valid 6 months after the trip return date.
- Provide documentation requirements
- Participate in 4 required team pre-trip team meetings.
- The pre-trip training meetings are designed to walk the team through the Team Member Handbook, so that all members are culturally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for the trip.
- Read and be familiar with the participant guide.
- All team members are required to have the trip paid in full two months (60 days) before the trip departure.
- Remain with the team the entire trip.
- Participate in team post-trip meeting ( team reunion)
*Please note: The construction/ministry project costs are a separate expense that the team will raise together. Due 45 days before leaving. AUGUST 10th
This is a great opportunity for churches, friends and families to join in the cause. LoveServes wants serving trips to be as accessible financially as possible. Project costs range from $8,000 -$12,000.