Pastor Rafael and his wife Lady both completed the LoveServes training. Pastor Rafael’s
church, Roca de Salvación Misionera, is located in a neighborhood called Los Tamarindos . Their church members are working in several ministries such as feeding poor people five days a week, couples ministry, counseling ministry and a small day care that predominantly serves kids of single mothers. Members of the church collaborate in this ministry during each day of the week
Pastor Rafael has a vision to help those women who don’t have any other means to care for their children while they have to work to provide for their family. Some of these women are young widows but most have been abandoned by the father of their children. The biggest need is a space to properly care for the children. The Project consists of the construction of a Day-Care Center with two or three classrooms. a kitchen and bathroom.
The 1st Floor of the Daycare Center, including kitchen, classroom and bathroom has been completed and furnished. The Daycare is currently operating in the newly furnished space, using the church as needed for overflow; there is need for additional classrooms/expansion to the 2nd floor. Prior to the team’s arrival the roof and stucco need to be completed. The team will work on finishing the roof (fine cement coat (sealer), one row of block and drainage and painting the second floor.
Where YOU come in:
LoveServes is partnering with this church to construct the daycare center. This flourishing church has many ministries that you will have a part in: Children’s outreach, Women’s ministry crafts; Home visitation and others. Don’t worry if construction is not your forte!
The following process is required in order to participate:
- Register online
- Trip cost: $885.00 per person (plus airfare and project costs*)
- A $250 non-refundable deposit is due March 1, 2022 to confirm a spot on the team.
- Submit a copy of your passport during the registration process. Passports must be valid 6 months after the trip return date.
- Provide documentation requirements
- The Full balance is due 60 days prior to leaving. * The construction/ministry project costs are a separate expense that the team will raise together. Due 45 days before leaving.
- Participate in 4 required team pre-trip team meetings.
- The pre-trip training meetings are designed to walk the team through the Team Member Handbook, so that all members are culturally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for the trip.
- Read and be familiar with the participant guide.
- All team members are required to have the trip paid in full two months (60 days) before the trip departure.
- Remain with the team the entire trip.
- Participate in team post-trip meeting ( team reunion)
* The construction costs are a separate expense that the team will raise together. This is a great opportunity for churches, friends and families to join in the cause. LoveServes wants serving trips to be as accessible financially as possible.
The minimum cost for this project ranges from $17,000 -$18,000 (based on material cost at time of purchase).
Contact Stephanie at 727-480-6172 or David 941-809-5642 email email@example.com