The following process is required in order to participate:
- Due March 15 2021 Non-refundable down payment of 50.00 to confirm a spot on the team. The remaining balance will be due August 1. This will give all of us additional time to monitor international travel, COVID vaccine availability, etc.
- Submit a copy of your passport during the registration process. Passports must be valid 6 months after the trip return date.
- Provide documentation requirements
- Participate in 4 required team pre-trip team meetings.
- The pre-trip training meetings are designed to walk the team through the Team Member Handbook, so that all members are culturally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for the trip.
- Read and be familiar with the participant guide.
- All team members are required to have the trip paid in full two months (60 days) before the trip departure.
- Remain with the team the entire trip.
- Participate in team post-trip meeting ( team reunion)
Background: Pastor Rafael and his wife Lady have finished the training process with LoveServes. The church has been coached by Gustavo for 6 years. Rafael is the pastor of a church called Roca de Salvación Misionera, and is located in Los Tamarindos, Dominican Republic. Their church members are working in several ministries such as feeding poor people five days a week, couples ministry, counseling ministry and a small day care especially for kids of single mothers. Some members of the church collaborate in this ministry during each day of the week. They are care for 19 children and do not have an adequate place. In order to grow the preschool additional classroom space is needed.
The Vision: Pastor Rafael has a vision to help those women who don’t have any other means to care for their children while they have to work to provide for their family. Some of these women are young widows but most have been abandoned by the father of their children. The biggest need is a space to properly care for the children.
The Need: A Day-Care Center – The first level is already being used, but now the roof on the second level needs to be finished.
Where YOU come in: LoveServes is partnering with this church to construct the daycare center. This flourishing church has many ministries that you will have a part in: Children’s outreach, Women’s ministry crafts; Home visitation and others. Don’t worry if construction is not your forte!