The following process is required in order to participate:
- Due March 15 2021 Non-refundable down payment of 50.00 to confirm a spot on the team. The remaining balance will be due June 14th. This will give all of us additional time to monitor international travel, COVID vaccine availability, etc.
- Submit a copy of your passport during the registration process. Passports must be valid 6 months after the trip return date.
- Provide documentation requirements
- Participate in 4 required team pre-trip team meetings.
- The pre-trip training meetings are designed to walk the team through the Team Member Handbook, so that all members are culturally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for the trip.
- Read and be familiar with the participant guide.
- All team members are required to have the trip paid in full two months (60 days) before the trip departure.
- Remain with the team the entire trip.
- Participate in team post-trip meeting ( team reunion)
Background: The town of Haina sits 30 minutes outside of Santo Domingo, the capital city of Dominican Republic. Pastor Julio Cesar has pastored for over 20 years in this community. Although, like many churches in the DR, for years he led a very legalistic church with little concern for the community surrounding them. One day his son went into a local gangs territory and was shot and killed. The tragedy shook Pastor Julio and his church. At that time LoveServes began working with him and helped him through the tragedy and gave him a new vision.
The Vision: After coaching, Pastor Julio’s vision was enlarged greatly! The violent gang that killed his son were the ones God gave him a call to reach. Pastor Julio began equipping his church to meet a need in the community. One ministry they started was a metal shop where they taught young men a trade. They have since planted 4 other churches and are now expanding the training programs. First phase of the vocational school has been completed providing 2 classrooms and one workshop for vocational training, the church is now focused on implementing classes and church planting activities. Many have come to Christ as a result.