The following process is required in order to participate:
- Due March 15 2021 Non-refundable down payment of 50.00 to confirm a spot on the team. The remaining $200 non-refundable deposit balance will be due April 15th. This will give all of us additional time to monitor international travel, COVID vaccine availability, etc.
- Submit a copy of your passport during the registration process. Passports must be valid 6 months after the trip return date.
- Provide documentation requirements
- Participate in 4 required team pre-trip team meetings.
- The pre-trip training meetings are designed to walk the team through the Team Member Handbook, so that all members are culturally, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for the trip.
- Read and be familiar with the participant guide.
- All team members are required to have the trip paid in full two months (60 days) before the trip departure.
- Remain with the team the entire trip.
- Participate in team post-trip meeting ( team reunion)
Background: Pastor William Sanchez entered LoveServes program in 2012. He had tried fruitlessly for years to connect his church with the community. With the vision awakened to serving the community, they started with a ministry of English classes for 100 young people of the community. They have started many ministries to meet the needs. Such as caring for the sick and elderly by providing meals, cleaning their homes, binding their wounds, and taking them to the doctor. They also are repairing the homes of the poorest neighbors.
The Vision: Pastor William’s vision is to transform their community by the power of Jesus´s love. One of the greatest needs is to provide safe and secure homes for the elderly and single mothers. Pastor William has been equipping the people in his church to use their gifts and passions to reach every person in Hato Mayor, Santiago.
The Need: There are still many families who are living in dilapidated huts with dirt floors with leaky roofs.
Where YOU come in: LoveServes is partnering with this church to lay cement floors, and repair roofs etc.. Please consider contributing to purchase the concrete, and other materials. This flourishing church has many ministries that you will have a part in: Children and teen outreach, Women’s ministry crafts; Home visitation and others. Don’t worry if construction is not your forte!